Technical Services – Software Development
Off-the-shelf software often fails to meet all of a company's business needs. As a result, the company is faced with a choice:
- Alter practices and procedures to conform to the business paradigm supported by the software – This option may be advisable if off-the-shelf software meets most of the company's business needs and will require only minor adjustments to business practices and procedures.
- Build a custom system tailored to meet the company's requirements – This option may be advisable if off-the-shelf software fails to meet critical business needs and will require significant adjustments to business practices and procedures.
TIE helps clients determine if off-the-shelf software can effectively meet their needs. If not, we work with clients to design, develop, and implement a custom business solution.
Our custom solutions span a number of industries/applications, including:
And our experience encompasses virtually every PC and mainframe operating environment and programming language, including:
- Finance and accounting
- Human resources
- Credit reporting
- Order entry
- Inventory control
- Telephone switching and call distribution
- Transportation and vehicle tracking
- Hotel and airline reservation
- Microsoft Windows
- All mainframe operating systems
- Basic, Visual Basic
- C and C++
- COBOL and PL/I